Was in a Sam's store and was approached by a nice guy wanting me to switch to DirectTV. I had just looked online for deals with DirectTV so I listened to his pitch.

I was promised a $200 Sam's gift card if I switched to DirectTV. I gave some information and was given a phone number to follow up to schedule installation. Called about three weeks later and was now promised a $300 Sam's gift card. I agreed and it was installed.

Was given website to claim my $300 reward, after waiting 2 weeks. Was told there was no current offer of a Sam's $300 gift card. AT&T gave me a $200 Walmart gift card. After MANY phone calls, I was told that Cydcor will be reaching out to me and they will send a gift card.

I have no idea if that will happen; however, I now have information to file a consumer complaint with Illinois Attorney General if no additional gift is received. I actually signed up on the $200 promise; but because they LIED to me, I am going to pursue the matter.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Getting a gift card.

I didn't like: I was lied to about the amount and type of card.

Comments

Do a search on Cydcor here and you will understand why you were given false promises.

asanasarian
to Anonymous #1410135

That's what I was doing when I came across this website. It seems they are very disreputable.

I cannot believe Sam's would allow them in their store or that DirectTV would connect with them.

But, we all know, $$$ is the bottom line. Who cares about honesty and reputation?